Some of the most popular family vacation travel destinations for 2010. It is hard to discover some of the best family travel and leisure vacations. Going on vacation with kids, especially toddlers, can be daunting. What’s the easiest way to get there, are there activities for everyone in the family, are there resources for you to be able to go off without kids (if you want to) and are they affordable?
Travel time on a family vacation is supposed to be a time for family bonding. Doing things together and making memories while staying on budget and security. This list of the best vacation spots will give you ideas on how to make family travel vacations worthwhile.
1. ORLANDO, FL – Orlando is known as the theme park capital of the world! Besides Disney World and Universal Studios (which includes the new Harry Potter theme park), there are also water parks and hotels with “beach pools” in this enclosed city so everyone can enjoy a day at the beach. Disney World usually holds deals for families no matter what time of year it is. For great Orlando vacation package deals click here.
2- Cancun and Mayan Rivera – Two for one deal. The two are very accessible; You can easily take a day trip to wherever you are not staying. Cancun’s 25-kilometer hotel zone has shopping, dining, urban fun, and beaches. Although very crowded, Cancun has little secluded areas like Club Med Cancun Yucatan at the end of the peninsula. The Mayan Riviera is a little lower back and has Mayan ruins, snorkeling, and Xcaret Eco-Park. Consider the exchange rate.
3. All-inclusive resorts in the Caribbean – If you are looking for family vacation travel, look no further. Resorts in the Caribbean have amazing beaches, water sports, and kids clubs to give you some alone time.
4. WILLIAMSBURG, VA – Williamsburg is an East Coast secret treasure that combines history and rollercoasters! Busch Gardens and Water Country USA are two theme parks just outside of town. The town itself has actors and volunteers portraying people for over 200 years, which takes you back to the era just before the American Revolution.
5. Arizona – Vacationers usually overlooked by neighboring states California and Nevada, Arizona offers just as much family vacation travel for half the price. Monument Valley, the Colorado River, Lake Powell and the Grand Canyon are outstanding natural beauties where a family can learn about the indigenous Navajo region as well as exciting rafting. There’s also dude ranchers and wild wests for young kids who want to grow up to be cowboys.
6. Myrtle Beach, South Carolina – Myrtle Beach is the most visited place in South Carolina. It is bordered by 60 miles of beaches called the Great Strand. Although it is one of the most visited places in America, this is a budget and kid friendly place; Many hotels have activities for children. Parks and boardwalks add to the excitement of this small town.
7- Hershey, Pennsylvania – “Chocolate Town, USA” is the home of Hersheypark, and was voted the best amusement park by FamilyFun magazine. If the chocolate scent is too much for you, there are also amusement parks Dutch Wonderland and Hotel Hershey. The city is an affordable alternative to more expensive Philadelphia, which is just 90 minutes away, and New York City, which is three hours north.
8. Wisconsin Dells – This city of just 4,000 is the indoor water park capital of the world. More than 20 resorts have indoor water parks. Many also offer outdoor attractions in the summer.
9. Southern California Vacation Spots – The Los Angeles and San Diego area may be pricey, but it’s full of great family vacation and travel spots. Disneyland (much smaller than its Florida counterpart) includes the Magic Kingdom and California Adventure parks. Legoland has rides, live shows, and towns made of millions of Lego blocks.
10- Oahu, Hawaii – Oahu has the best of both worlds. The exhilarating and exciting city of Waikiki is on the southern end of the island, and the quieter and less developed northern end of the 597-square-mile island. The family can learn about American history at Pearl Harbor as well as explore the oceans through boat trips, dolphin shows, surf lessons, and Atlantis submarine excursions.